Group photo of attorneys at Amendola Doty & Brumley, PLLC

Experience Is The Best Defense

Group photo of attorneys at Amendola Doty & Brumley, PLLC

Advocacy For Out-Of-State Residents Facing Criminal Charges In Idaho

If you have been arrested for a violent crime, disorderly conduct, DUI or reckless driving while passing through or visiting North Idaho, you need skilled local defense representation; you need lawyers who know the courts of our region and the harsh punishments you may be facing.

The attorneys you should speak with immediately are at Amendola Doty & Brumley, PLLC, in Coeur d’Alene. Our track record of success spanning over more than 80 years of service has proven that experience is the best defense.

Amendola Doty & Brumley, PLLC, attorneys handle tourists’ and visitors’ cases aggressively and attentively, to prevent their need to return to Idaho for trial. We represent college and university students with equal efficiency so that parents residing out of state can save time, travel, worry and money.

Contact us today so we can begin investigating the charges against you. We can be reached at this toll-free phone number: 208-449-1179.

Our criminal defense law firm serves tourists, visitors and college students in Kootenai County, Bonner County, Benewah County, Boundary County, Shoshone County and Latah County in North Idaho, and the Spokane area in eastern Washington.

Experienced Defense For Visitors From Out Of State

Amendola Doty & Brumley, PLLC, attorneys safeguard your legal interests if, while touring, visiting or vacationing in North Idaho, you are arrested on charges such as:

We investigate exhaustively, negotiate skillfully and, if necessary, litigate forcefully for you in court. We want you to be able to put this legal crisis behind you, so you can visit our state again.

Contact Amendola Doty & Brumley, PLLC, for the quality representation you need and the personal service you deserve. We are much more than a partnership of attorneys. We are a team devoted to protecting your rights.

Common Questions For Out-Of-State Criminal Charges

Below are some of the most common questions that we receive regarding criminal charges in Idaho when you are not an Idaho resident. If you have additional questions, you are welcome to call our office and speak with a member of our team.

Can I be arrested for a crime while I am out of Idaho?

Yes, even if you have left the state, you can still be arrested for a crime that you allegedly committed. In most cases, it depends on what you have been charged with. The state will typically issue an interstate warrant for your arrest if you have committed a felony offense, in which case you can be picked up by local police and remanded back to Idaho for processing. However, misdemeanor offenses are rarely handled this way and typically do not result in interstate warrants being issued.

Do I have to come back to Idaho for my case?

In some cases, you will need to return to Idaho to be physically present for your case, but in others, you can let your attorney handle your appearance. If you only have a misdemeanor charge, you can hire an attorney and seek permission from the presiding judge of your case to allow them to handle your case while you are not present. However, this is at the discretion of the judge, and if your case includes any felony charges, then you will be required to attend in person for your case.

I was charged with a DUI in Idaho; will it affect me in my home state?

Yes, even if you are not an Idaho resident, you can still face consequences for a DUI in Idaho. If it is a felony DUI, you can be returned to Idaho to face prosecution and punishment, including jail time and fines. Additionally, many states have reciprocity agreements regarding license suspensions for DUIs, so you will most likely also lose your license if you are convicted of your DUI.

Call Today To Start Building Your Defense

Our Coeur d’Alene lawyers are ready to defend tourists, visitors and students against charges, and are ready to help you in any way they can. We can meet with you at a police station or jail cell if you wish. Call toll free at 208-449-1179.